My Philosophy and Background:
I’m the founder and owner of Pinnacle Performance & Training. Having spent 14 years in the British Army, I’ve worked and trained in places far and wide. I’m 100% dedicated to each members needs and enjoy the challenge of helping them achieving their goals and targets using not only an evidence-based but also a holistic approach to training.
- Masters Dip in Personal Training
- UKSCA L1 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Running Technique (Premier Training International)
- VDOT Certified Distance Running Coach
- Leadership in Running Fitness
- Advanced Nutrition for Physical Performance & Weight Management
- Intermediate Optimising Fitness for Paddlesport Tutor
- Management of lower back pain trainer
- Special Populations including Diabetes, Obesity, asthma and orthopaedic conditions
- CRB Checked ( Multiple Locations )
- Sports Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Level 3 Coach (Inland Kayak) 5 Star Trained 3 Star Assessor
- CRB DBS Cleared (Multiple Locations)
Experience & Specialisation Areas:
Over the years of training I have always used a common sense approach. Having competed and coached in athletics, golf, tennis, running, canoeing and kayaking. I have found that there was never enough emphasis in the conditioning and the application of one’s training. This led me into the career I am in now but I’ll always have a passion for kayak and canoe expeditioning, fortunately due to having 4 wonderful children and marrying my wife Carly this will have to be put on hold for a few years. The video below which I made a few years ago always reminds me of the good times!
Over the last few years I have been working with a vast range of age groups and ability levels, from professional sailors, endurance athletes, horse riders, hockey players to top ranked national tennis players. I enjoy guiding members to their own personal goals and lifetime milestones.
Athletes I currently work with or have done in the past: Louis Sinclair (Oracle Team USA), Simon Fisher, Justin Slattery (Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team), Robert Greenhalgh (Mapfre Ocean Racing Team), Peter Greenhalgh (The Wave Extreme Sailing Series), Hannah Diamond (Crew – Nacra 17 Olympic Class – Volvo Ocean Race – Vestas), Andrew Tarboton (Crew – 49er SA), David Bartholomew (Tokoloshe), Alexandrea Rickham and Niki Birrell (Scud Olympic Class), Kees Postman (Clipper), Joanne Hamilton-Vale (Sup).
My toughest challenge so far was when myself and 3 other friends raised £9700 for the Paediatric High Dependancy Unit, Southampton General Hospital. We ran 7 marathons in 7 days around various location in Hampshire and Surrey, barefoot! The challenge finished on the 27th Sept completing over 275km. Challenge Website
Currently I’m working on breaking my personal best in the marathon which currently stands at 2hrs 59min, this was achieved at the Bournemouth marathon festival last year (2016). Whilst achieving this milestone which was to be my first attempt at a marathon in flip flops, I have now gone on to break personal records in the 5k, 10k and half marathon.